For the GB Farallon Swim Team, the XK swimzi wasn’t just a piece of kit to keep them warm between swims; it was a necessity. Back in May 2015, a team of five British swimmers plunged into 9°C shark-infested waters in an attempt to complete the treacherous 30-mile stretch from the Farallon Islands to the Bay of San Francisco, with only a swimming costume, pair of goggles and silicon hat to keep them warm.
In a relay-style challenge, the swimmers were to spend a total of 30 hours on board the support craft, where their main concern was to remain warm, dry and protected from the harsh elements. Here at swimzi, it was our job to develop a high-quality product that would not only act as an impenetrable shield against the elements, but also enable the athletes to perform with maximum blood flow when it was their turn to take the plunge.
By working closely with the Farallon Swimmers, and adapting key features used in sailing and mountaineering gear, swimzi have developed a piece of weatherproof kit like no other. The XK jacket has been carefully designed to protect against wind penetration whilst keeping essential body heat locked in: allowing you to perform at your best… whatever your sport, wherever you are in the world.
- Weatherproof outer nylon shell
- Inner lining made from a super soft-warm handle Sherpa fleece large front
- The iconic swimzi full-length 2-way YKK zip system
- 2-piece hood enables closure to diminish wind chill
- Storm guard covering lower face and torso to prevent wind chill
- Adjustable inner draw-cord bungee system to retain natural body heat
- Full-length poncho style sleeves for ease of use and changing
- Velcro sleeve closure system to retain body heat and prevent wind penetration
- 2 large easy-to-use hip pockets for storing essential gear and nutrition supplements
- Large inner chest pocket
- Waterproof zipped security pocket
- Fishtail split rear for ease of movement, acts as your very own pre and post race wearable ground sheet
fabric: Outer Shell 100% Nylon - Lining 100% polyester luxury Sherpa fleece
body colour: Black
Senior sizes: – S - M - L